Sunday, October 11, 2009

Zen

Lately, I have this strong feeling of being cluttered. A state of confusion where there is just too much information to process. I think that this has a lot to do with the amount of time I spend on the internet. I access the internet from work, which makes it around 9 hours of aimless browsing (I am good at multi-tasking :D). Once I return home at around 7pm, I come online for three more hours. That is 13 hours in a day. Wow, I just realized how many hours I spend each day online. That would be around 80 hours per week, 320 hours per month, 3840 hours per year. That is around 160 days of browsing every year, almost half the year, I am online. I have just calculated that figure at this very moment, and that number is driving me bonkers. So much of information input, majority of which I have no requirement of, the sole purpose of which is to pass my time.

This in turn affects the lifestyle. You constantly require some or the other form of stimulus, be it movies, music or anything similar. I am planning to tone down the amount of information I gather. I have been reading a blog on Zen habits. http://zenhabits.net/ I usually don’t read self-help or motivational book. (I find them to be a bunch of horse manure) But this one has advice on what to keep and what to throw away. So Project Zen is off the ground. I have listed 5 main interests. They are not in any order.1. Professional Photography.2. Travel.3. Health.4. Friends and family.5. Guitar&movies. (couldn’t really chose one)From now on, each day would be focused on these 5 interests and if I have spare time(which I am sure I will have tons of) then I would branch out to other sub interests, which are aplenty. More on the progress in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment